Although minor injuries are a common occurrence in professional sports and most teams have a staff of athletic trainers and close connections to the medical community, you might not have had access to the same level of care – until now.
If you pull a muscle or other niggling injury it can hamper your efforts to enjoy your sport and stay fit. You may have ignored the pain and carried on with your sport for too long without treatment, and now find yourself with a chronic injury. It’s not surprising that we often see people with:
• Joint Pains
• General aches and pain, muscles spasms and cramp
• Cervicogenic headaches
• Rotator cuff injuries
• Soft tissue shoulder disorders
• Tennis elbow & elbow pain arising from the neck or back
• Ankle sprains & plantar fasciitis (short term)
Please note: no claim is being made to treat sports injuries generally without appropriate qualification
What Are Sports Injuries?
Sports injuries can be broadly classified as either traumatic or overuse injuries. Traumatic injuries account for most injuries in contact sports such as football or rugby because of the dynamic and high collision nature of these sports. These injuries range from bruises and muscle strains, to fractures and head injuries.
A bruise or contusion is damage to small blood vessels which causes bleeding within the tissues. A muscle strain is a small tear of muscle fibres and a ligament sprain is a small tear of ligament tissue. The body’s response to these sports injuries is the same in the initial five day period immediately following the traumatic incident – inflammation.
When it comes to sport injuries & prevention Chiropractors provide a comprehensive form of care including:
· Spinal Adjustments
· Extremity (shoulder, elbows, hands, hips, knees, ankles) Adjustments
· Soft Tissue Therapy: Fascia Release, Deep Tissue Massage, Trigger Point Therapy, Acupressure, Percussive Massage
· Dry Needling (Western Acupuncture)
· Low Level Laser Therapy
· Therapeutic Stretches: Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation, Post-Isometric Relaxation
· Physical Modalities: Interferential, Trans-Cutaneous Electronic Nerve Stimulation
Chiropractic Can Help
Whatever your sport from tennis to football, golf to cycling and boxing to refereeing you can bet that the top exponents have used Chiropractors to get themselves back into shape. That goes for professional and weekend players alike.
We have a number of patients tell us how they have their technique has improved since being under Chiropractic care. The most frustrating thing about sports injuries is that they often re-occur - this is usually due to the fact that the cause of the problem has not been found and corrected.
Chiropractic care helps to achieve maximum health and peak performance.
This is what the professionals are saying:
Tim Brabants, Olympic Gold Medalist, K1 1000m, 2008, Beijing - on the road to London Olympics 2012.
“In pursuit of being in the best possible shape whilst training, racing and in the build up to the 2012 Olympic Games I believe that regular Chiropractic treatment plays a vital role. When training hard it is an important adjunct to maintain a healthy body.”
Richie Rees,Cardiff Blues and Wales International Rugby Player
“Chiropractic is a regular part of my weekly routine as a professional Rugby Player. I gain instant relief from the pain that I deal with in my lower back through 8 years of playing professionally. A once a week visit to my Chiropractor keeps my back relatively pain free and I honestly think that without it my career would be cut short.”
Dan Parks,Cardiff Blues and Scottish International Rugby Player
“A friend of mine introduced me to Chiropractic care about 4 years ago. I am a professional sportsman and form time to time I have issues with my lower back, initially I did not know much about the Chiropractic care and how it could help me, but after seeing the help and the change in my friends health I gave it a shot! It is now a very important part of my preparations before a match and during a training week. I would without any question or doubt recommend Chiropractic care to anyone.”
Evander Holyfield,Heavyweight Boxing Champion
“I have to have an adjustment before I go into the ring. I do believe in Chiropractic. I found that going to a Chiropractor three times a week helps my performance. The majority of boxers go to get that edge.”
If you have never been a Chiropractic patient, or have just been for a few adjustments for a lower back pain episode, you may ask yourself, “What do these elite athletes know about Chiropractic care that I don’t?”
1. They know that their bodies have the best opportunity to perform at their peak performance level when they are under Chiropractic care.
2. They have the best opportunity to play or perform at their best for the longest possible time under Chiropractic care.
3. They also know that if they are injured, Chiropractic care will help them to recover faster.
To help find that cause we offer:
· A Private Consultation with the Chiropractor
· A Thorough Examination including Neurological,
Orthopaedic & Blood Pressure Tests
· X-Rays, if necessary
· A Verbal Report of our Findings and thorough Explanation
of the X-Rays
After which you should know more about your body and the problems you are experiencing than you ever have before. Whether you go ahead with treatment as always is entirely your decision.
Call TODAY for an Appointment.